Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday night

Ok, after a weekend of watching my carefully crafted bracket implode (thanks Kansas for doing your best Washington Generals impersonation in the 2nd half; my wife was thrilled though, being a Mizzou grad and all), I decided that spending the next 7 months obsessing over my fantasy baseball team isn't enough. So, I've decided to start this. Who knows what this will lead to: fame and fortune perhaps?? Most likely my continued anonimity. I can live with that.

1 week to first pitch. Had my first fantasy draft today, and I'm not terribly happy with it; too many position players, not enough pitchers, but there are only 9 teams in this league and pitching can always be found during the year. My second draft is on Thursday in a league where I've finished second the last two years- the first year was the first time I played fantasy.

Anyhoo. . .I have been advised that I should include an overview of what this is all about. It will be about anything and everything that I care to comment on- politics, sports, music, TV, in other words, the state of. . .whatever is going on at the time.

For example, I wonder if Chevy is finally figuring out that people hate those "Our Country" commercials, because I only noticed one played all day on Saturday. Isn't the first rule of advertising that whatever is in the commercial, you hope that people will remember the brand- with this one, I sure remember it, and I promptly turn the channel. Good job Chevy.

No comments: