Monday, March 3, 2008

Overheard at the bar

Met up with my friends Vansmack and his wife for a few games of darts and some High Life's at the local bar. Vansmack went and played a few songs on the juke box- one of the songs come on, and a guy playing darts next us starts talking to the girl he's playing darts with and says "Ohh, I know this song, ohh, who sings this? Oh, that's right, this is Toad the Wet Sprocket." Vansmack runs away from the area laughing hysterically. A bit more of the song plays and says "Oh no, I think this might be The Gin Blossoms." I start laughing and shaking my head. Vansmack comes back, still laughing, then I let him know about the Gin Blossoms line. The girl next to us then looks at us and asks "Do you know who sings this song?" I say, "Yeah, it's 'Don't Fear the Reaper' by Blue Oyster Cult." She looks at me with a quizzical look like she don't know who that is, so I say, "It's the More Cowbell song." She still didn't know what I was talking about.

Yep, someone thought "Don't Fear the Reaper" sounded like Toad the Wet Sprocket and/or The Gin Blossoms. I'm am afraid of/for the next generation.

No comments: