Thursday, June 5, 2008

Life in San Francisco

Just wanted to share a funny story....

The other morning around 8:50 AM or so I was waiting on the corner of Lincoln and 9th Avenue for a bus, and a woman walks up to me. She asks: Do you know where I can buy a protein bar or something like that? I say: There's a Jamba Juice down on the next corner. And she says: Oh, you mean THAT restaurant?

What? Since when is a Jamba Juice a restaurant. More importantly, when did self-interested people like her become too good for Jamba Juice? She left in a huff, and I saw her a few minutes later across the street at a "health food" store, the kind of store that sells raw food and other nonsense, only it was closed. She seemed to be rather distraught at it being closed as that meant, apparently, having to suffer a trip to Jamba Juice. Of course, I only get one thing at Jamba because everything else seems to have soy-this and yogurt-that in it. I'm tempted to order one of those drinks that has soy milk in it and ask if I can have whole milk instead.

Sometimes I can only shake my head at the people that live in this city; and I guess that would include me.

No comments: