Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In case you couldn't tell. . .

I'm in a foul mood today. . .a number of things have caused this, such as this and this, then I'm supposed to be all worked up because the Governor is going to temporarily cut state employee salaries and there's some picket march going on today. Frankly, I don't really care- state worker salaries get cut to minimum wage until a budget is finalized, but we don't get paid until the end of the month anyway, so, only if there is no budget by August 31 will state employees see any real result in "workers salaries slashed." Course, I'm not a temporary employee, so I'm not losing my job. Nevermind that it's the legislators who should be punished for not doing their job. In times like these, I begin to think that a part-time legislature would be ideal; let them concentrate their disastrous law-making in a much smaller period of time, instead of over several years.

But you know what, I'm beginning to care a whole lot less. If people want the government to start making their decisions for them because they don't want to deal with the results, fine, so be it. We are a nation of whiners; when we don't get our way, we complain; when we make a terrible decision, we blame someone else and want the government to fix it; when we travel to a foreign county and people don't speak english, we blame them for not speaking english. We want everything done now and entertain me in the meantime.

But what do I know. . .I chose to live here in San Francisco; I might as well just spit into the wind and then curse the wind.

I'll get over all of it in a few days though.

No comments: