Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Weather

Temperatures here in ol Ess Eff are in the mid 80s, and yesterday was the first day of the warming trend. Yesterday, I walk outside, turn my Ipod to Guided by Voices and get on the bus for work. On the bus I realized that I don't want to go to work today and should just skip it. After all, the boss is out of town, and the week before Labor Day is pretty uneventful. Thinking of this grand idea, still smiling on the bus listening to GBV, I try to gather accomplices for a round of golf. No luck; I get "sorry, have jury duty," and "sorry, first day of class." What a bunch of losers.

Anyway, I still decide to skip out early and head home where I decide to hit the backyard and do some yardwork. Yep. I left work early to do yardwork. I'm all set for the suburbs. Brought out my Ipod boombox and set it to shuffle all 500 GBV songs on my Ipod- I should add that there are probably 500 more GBV songs that I don't have, and that's not including Bob's solo albums.

Having accomplished my very grand task of yardwork, got a text from Vansmack to meet up at the Beach Chalet for $2 tacos and beer. Wife and I hop in our car and drive over and enjoy the rest of the afternoon. The Beach Chalet is located across the street from Ocean Beach, which, as the name implies, is the beach and who doesn't want to see the sunset while drinking beers and eating tacos by the beach? Although, the kids and hippies were distracting; the kids in a fun way, the hippies, well, they really aren't all that much fun anyway. One kid somehow spent the entire time we were there brandishing a golf club (maybe a kids 6 iron), whacking at trees, taking out weeds, and barely missing heads and arms of all the other kids running around. At one point, he opts out for a long stick and has a sword fight with another kid using a much shorter stick. Kids with sticks and parents with beer- good times had by all.

No comments: