Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Children flying=fun times!

Got up bright and early this morning for my flight to Chicago- but, instead of having a nice and direct flight to Chicago, I have to go to LAX first, then onto Chicago. 3 fun events with children occurred on a 50 minute flight from SFO to LAX.

1) Row behind me, son threw up on himself, and mother had to get new pants. This was the same kid that the minute we took off, he said he had to go to the bathroom. I guess something was gonna come out one way or another.

2) Two rows in front of me, daughter threw up on herself and needed a new shirt. After we landed, she yelled back towards her mother and brother and said "I throwed up on myself!" She was very proud of it.

3) As we were beginning on descent into LAX, we had just passed over the L.A. Coliseum, a boy a few rows back (could have been #2's brother) started yelling "I can't hear!!!" He seemed very upset about it.

Predictably, my connection from LAX to Chicago is delayed due to weather, both here in L.A. (although it's currently only overcast) and in Chicago. Basically, the plane we are supposed to be on isn't here yet because of delays somewhere else. Even better, my flight is delayed 2 hours, but other flights to Chicago are only delayed 35 minutes; in fact, my flight will leave 1 hour after a flight that was originally scheduled for an hour after mine. Wrap that around your head for a second.

But, I'm not here to complain about the airlines.....children throwing up is much more interesting.

No comments: