Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Random sighting from Black Friday

My mom, sister and niece were in town for Thanksgiving, but my sister and niece were with my dad in San Jose from Thursday night through Saturday morning, leaving me, wife and my mom to go out shopping on Black Friday. I won't regale you with what we bought, but just wanted to share one random and thoroughly inexplicable price we saw.

We stopped at Babies R Us on Friday to show my mom what we had registered for our baby. As we were walking around, we came across the high chairs. There was one high chair with a red clearance sign on the price. The clearance price was $299.98; the regular price was $299.99. The clearance price was only 1 cent less than the regular price. I don't think that price is what many people would consider a clearance price.

Otherwise, shopping on Friday was fine. The only problem was with Best Buy who re-arranged their store in such a way as to make it nearly impossible to navigate around. Came out of the day with a few purchases that basically served as our Christmas presents. As the Target lady would say: SUCCESS!

No comments: